I started this 3 week long trip on January 13th, 2011. I flew China Eastern from Los Angeles to Shanghai, China. From Shanghai I took another flight to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I left on a thursday and got to KL Saturday midnight. When are they going to invent teleportation? I thought Jeff Goldblum had perfected the art of teleportation back in the 80's movie "The Fly"... In any case, I met up with my travel товарищ at Kuala Lumpur's Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) and we caught a flight to Phuket, Thailand.

This is my first shot in Thailand and it's the baggage claim in Phuket... Muy lame.
Thailand day 1
Upon our arrival to Phuket we took a bus ride 5 hours north up the Andaman coast to Ranong.
Thailand day 1
Luckily we stopped along the way for a small break.
Thailand day 1
Thailand day 1
Once we got to Ranong we had to hustle to the dock where we were supposed to catch a boat to the island of Koh Phayam...
Thailand day 1
but all the tickets for the speedboat were sold out by the time we got there, so we decided to go to the island of Koh Chang for the night. So it took us about an hour to get out there.
Thailand day 1
This is was what I was facing...
Thailand day 1
and this is what was behind me.
Thailand day 1
Thailand day 1
The boat finally dropped us off on the island of Koh Chang. Since there was no dock for the boat, we pulled up close to the shore without hitting it and we got out. People were there to carry our bags to dry land to Cashew Resort where our bungalow awaited.
Thailand day 1
Thailand day 1
Thailand day 1
Then it was time to relax on the beach.
Thailand day 1
total cost for one night at Cashew was a little under $10.00. Food included. Ha!

0 comments: